Monday, May 2, 2011

An Amazing Day in America

This is a repeat photo, but it was so appropriate to repost today. Yesterday, we witnessed history as we learned that Osama Bin Laden was found and killed. It's an odd feeling - it's a just and good thing, yet I can't rejoice in anyone's death. It did make me feel proud as an American and sad for the families of those who lost 9/11, yet happy that they might have a small portion of peace.

So back to the picture... I took this on Ellis Island in New York. What a better way to honor those lost in 9/11 and thank those who continue to fight for our freedom. And those Navy Seals kick some serious butt!

1 comment:

  1. I got to visit Ellis Island years ago too, the same day my uncle took me to the World Trade Center and we went to the top of one of the towers. It's still so hard to believe it's gone. Thanks for visiting my blog! :) (Three Boys on a Budget)

    ReplyDelete